Dear users, the protection of your privacy is very important to us. In the following, we inform you about the processing of your personal data when using our website.
§ 1 Information about the collection of personal data
(1) In the following, we inform you about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data is all data that can be related to you personally, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behavior.
(2) The responsible party pursuant to Art. 4 (7) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (DS-GVO) is.
Uwe Marx Oberflächentechnik GmbH,
represented by the managing director Mr. Uwe Marx,
Friedrichsgaber Weg 390
22846 Norderstedt near Hamburg
Tel. 040 528 11 59
Fax 040 523 19 59
Mobile: 0177 271 26 10
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (see our imprint).
(3) When you contact us by e-mail or via a contact form, the data you provide (your e-mail address, name and telephone number, if applicable) will be stored by us in order to answer your questions. We delete the data accruing in this context after the storage is no longer necessary or restrict the processing if there are legal retention obligations.
(4) If we use contracted service providers for individual functions of our offer or would like to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail about the respective processes below. In doing so, we will also state the defined criteria for the storage period.
(5) To prevent unauthorized access to your personal data by third parties, the connection is encrypted using SSL technology.
§ 2 Collection of personal data when visiting our website
During the mere informational use of the website, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise transmit information to us, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to ensure stability and security (legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f DSGVO). This general data and information is stored in the log files of the server:
- IP address
- Date and time of the request
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Amount of data transferred in each case
- Website from which the request comes
- Operating system and its interface
- language and version of the browser software.
Your IP address is stored as part of a log protocol for a maximum of 7 days, then anonymized and finally deleted after 9 weeks at the latest. When using this general data and information, we do not draw any conclusions about you. The data of the server log files are stored separately from any personal data provided by you.
§ 3 Your rights
You have the following rights with respect to us regarding the personal data concerning you:
- The right to information according to Art. 15 DS-GVO in conjunction with. § 34 BDSG.
- the right to rectification in accordance with Art. 16 DS-GVO.
- the right to deletion from Art. 17 DS-GVO in conjunction with. § 35 BDSG.
- the right to restriction of processing pursuant to Art. 18 DS-GVO.
- the right to data portability from Art. 20 DS-GVO.
- the right to lodge a complaint with a competent data protection supervisory authority pursuant to Art. 77
DS-GVO in conjunction with § 19 BDSG. If you wish to exercise your right to complain, you may address your complaint to the competent data protection supervisory authority.
The right to object in accordance with Art. 21 DS-GVO.
§ 4 Objection or revocation against the processing of your data.
(1) If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you may revoke it at any time. Such revocation affects the permissibility of the processing of your personal data after you have expressed it to us.
(2) Insofar as we base the processing of your personal data on the balance of interests, you may object to the processing. This is the case if the processing is not necessary, in particular, for the performance of a contract with you, which is shown by us in each case in the following description of the functions. When exercising such an objection, we ask you to explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data as we have done. In the event of your justified objection, we will review the situation and either discontinue or adjust the data processing or show you our compelling reasons worthy of protection on the basis of which we will continue the processing.
(3) Of course, you can object to the processing of your personal data for purposes of advertising and data analysis at any time. You can inform us of your advertising objection using the following contact data: Uwe Marx Oberflächentechnik GmbH, Friedrichsgaber Weg 390, 22846 Norderstedt near Hamburg, Tel. 040 528 11 59, Fax 040 523 19 59, Mobile: 0177 271 26 10, E-Mail: email@example.com.
§ 5 Automated decisions in individual cases including profiling.
You have the right not to be subjected to a decision based solely on automated processing – including profiling – which produces legal effects vis-à-vis you or similarly significantly affects you. This applies unless the decision is necessary for the conclusion or performance of a contract between us, or is permitted by Union or Member State law to which we are subject, and that law contains adequate measures to safeguard your rights and freedoms and your legitimate interests, or is made with your explicit consent.
If the decision is necessary for the conclusion or performance of a contract, or is made with your explicit consent, we will take reasonable steps to safeguard your rights and freedoms and legitimate interest, including at least the right to obtain the intervention of a person responsible, to express your point of view and to contest the decision.
If you wish to assert rights relating to automated decisions, you can contact us at any time.
As a responsible company, we do not use automated decision-making or profiling.
§ 6 Storage period
§ 7 Further functions and offers of our website
(1) In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services that you can use if you are interested. For this purpose, you will usually have to provide further personal data, which we use to provide the respective service and for which the aforementioned data processing principles apply.
(2) In some cases, we use external service providers to process your data. These have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by our instructions and are regularly monitored.
(3) Furthermore, we may pass on your personal data to third parties if we offer participation in promotions, conclusion of contracts or similar services together with partners. You will receive more information on this when you provide your personal data or below in the description of the offer.
(4) If our service providers or partners are located in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you about the consequences of this circumstance in the description of the offer.
§ 8 External links
(1) In addition to the previously mentioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive assigned to the browser you are using and through which the body that sets the cookie (here by us), certain information flows. Cookies cannot execute programs or transfer viruses to your computer. They serve to make the Internet offer as a whole more user-friendly and effective.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and functionality of which are explained below:
- Transient cookies (for this purpose b)
- Persistent cookies (c).
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. These include in particular the session cookies. These store a so-called session ID, with which various requests of your browser can be assigned to the common session. This allows your computer to be recognized when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are deleted automatically after a specified period of time, which may differ depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time.
d) You can configure your browser settings according to your preferences and, for example, refuse to accept third-party cookies or all cookies. Please note that you may not be able to use all functions of this website.
§ 10 Integration of Google Maps
(1) On this website we use the offer of Google Maps. This allows us to display interactive maps directly on the website and enables you to comfortably use the map function.
(2) By visiting the website, Google receives the information that you have called up the corresponding sub-page of our website. In addition, the data mentioned under § 2 of this declaration are transmitted. This occurs regardless of whether Google provides a user account through which you are logged in or whether there is no user account. If you are logged in to Google, your data will be directly assigned to your account. If you do not want the assignment with your profile at Google, you must log out before activating the button. Google stores your data as usage profiles and uses them for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or demand-oriented design of its website. Such an evaluation is carried out in particular (even for users who are not logged in) to provide needs-based advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact Google to exercise this right.
§ 11 Use of our webshop
(1) If you would like to order in our webshop, it is necessary for the conclusion of the contract that you provide your personal data, which we need for the processing of your order. Mandatory data required for the processing of contracts are marked separately, other data are voluntary. We process the data you provide to process your order. For this purpose, we may pass on your payment data to our house bank. The legal basis for this is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. b DS-GVO.
You can voluntarily create a customer account, through which we can store your data for future purchases. When creating an account under “My Account”, the data you provide will be stored revocably. You can always delete all further data, including your user account, in the customer area. We may also process the data you provide to inform you about other interesting products from our portfolio or to send you e-mails with technical information.
(2) We are obliged by commercial and tax law to store your address, payment and order data for a period of ten years. However, we will restrict processing after [two years], i.e. your data will only be used to comply with legal obligations.
(3) To prevent unauthorized access by third parties to your personal data, in particular financial data, the ordering process is encrypted using SSL technology.
§ 12 Use of the payment service PayPal
(1) On this website we use the offer of PayPal. This allows us to offer you a convenient payment. Payments are processed via so-called PayPal accounts, which represent virtual private or business accounts. A PayPal account is managed via an e-mail address, which is why there is no classic account number. PayPal makes it possible to initiate online payments to third parties or to receive payments. PayPal also assumes trustee functions and offers buyer protection services.
(2) The European operating company of PayPal is PayPal (Europe) S.à.r.l. & Cie. S.C.A., 22- 24 Boulevard Royal, 2449 Luxembourg, Luxembourg.
(3) If you choose PayPal as a payment method on our site, PayPal receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding subpage of our website. In addition, the data mentioned under § 2 of this declaration as well as such personal data that are necessary for the processing of the conclusion of the contract are transmitted. This occurs regardless of whether PayPal provides a user account through which you are logged in or whether no user account exists. By selecting this payment option, you have consented to the necessary transmission of your personal data.
(4) The transmission of data is for the purpose of payment processing and fraud prevention. In particular, we transmit personal data to PayPal if there is a legitimate interest for the transmission. The personal data exchanged between PayPal and us may be transmitted by PayPal to credit agencies. The purpose of this transmission is to check identity and creditworthiness. PayPal may share the personal data with affiliated companies and service providers or subcontractors to the extent necessary to fulfill contractual obligations or to process the data on behalf. You have the option to revoke your consent to the handling of your personal data at any time vis-à-vis PayPal. A revocation does not affect personal data that must be processed, used or transmitted mandatory for (contractual) payment processing. The revocation is only effective for the future.
§ 13 Use of our portal
(1) If you wish to use our portal, you must register by providing your email address, a password of your choice and your freely selectable user name. There is no obligation to use a clear name; pseudonymous use is possible. We use the so-called double-opt-in procedure for registration, i.e. your registration is only completed once you have confirmed your registration by clicking on the link contained in a confirmation e-mail sent to you for this purpose. If your confirmation is not received within 24 hours, your registration will be automatically deleted from our database. The provision of the aforementioned data is mandatory, all other information you can provide voluntarily by using our portal.
(2) If you use our portal, we store your data required for the fulfillment of the contract, including information on the method of payment, until you finally delete your access. Furthermore, we store the voluntary data you provide for the duration of your use of the portal, unless you delete it beforehand. You can manage and change all details in the protected customer area. The legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f DS-GVO.
(3) If you use the portal, your data may become accessible to other participants of the portal in accordance with the contractual performance. Non-registered members will not receive any information about you. For all registered members, your [username and photo] are visible, regardless of whether you have released them. In contrast, your entire profile with the data you have shared is visible to all members who have confirmed you as a personal contact. If you make content available to your personal contacts that you do not send by means of a private message, this content is visible to third parties, provided that your personal contact has given the release. If you post contributions in public groups, these are visible to all registered members of the portal.
(4) To prevent unauthorized access by third parties to your personal data, especially financial data, the connection is encrypted using SSL technology.
§ 14 Use of Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. In the event that IP anonymization is activated on this website, however, your IP address will be truncated beforehand by Google within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage to the website operator.
(2) The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other data from Google.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizeIp()”. This means that IP addresses are processed in abbreviated form, thus excluding the possibility of personal references. Insofar as the data collected about you is related to a person, this is therefore immediately excluded and the personal data is thus immediately deleted.
(5) We use Google Analytics to analyze and regularly improve the use of our website. The statistics obtained enable us to improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. For the exceptional cases in which personal data is transferred to the USA, Google has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework . The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f DS-GVO.
[(7) This website also uses Google Analytics for cross-device analysis of visitor flows, which is performed via a user ID. You can deactivate the cross-device analysis of your usage in your customer account under “My Data”, “Personal Data”].
§ 15 Use of eTracker
(1) This website uses technologies from eTracker GmbH (http://www.etracker.com) to collect and store data for marketing and optimization purposes. From this data, usage profiles can be created under a pseudonym. Cookies can be used for this purpose. Cookies are small text files that are stored locally in the cache of the site visitor’s Internet browser. The cookies enable the recognition of the Internet browser. The data collected with the eTracker technologies will not be used to personally identify the visitor to this website without the separately granted consent of the person concerned and will not be merged with personal data about the bearer of the pseudonym. The data collection and storage can be objected to at any time with effect for the future. Please exclude me from the eTracker count. [Link]
(2) We use eTracker to analyze and regularly improve the use of our website. Through the statistics obtained, we can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. The collected data is stored permanently and analyzed pseudonymously. The legal basis for the use of eTracker is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f DSGVO.
(3) Information from the third-party provider: eTracker GmbH, Erste Brunnenstraße 1, 20459 Hamburg; https://www.etracker.com/de/datenschutz.html . The legal basis for the use of eTracker is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f DS-GVO.
§ 16 Integration of YouTube videos
(1) We have integrated YouTube videos into our online offer, which are stored on http://www.YouTube.com and can be played directly from our website. [These are all integrated in “extended data protection mode”, i.e. no data about you as a user is transmitted to YouTube if you do not play the videos. Only when you play the videos will the data mentioned in paragraph 2 be transmitted. We have no influence on this data transmission].
(2) By visiting the website, YouTube receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding sub-page of our website. In addition, the data mentioned under § 2 of this declaration are transmitted. This occurs regardless of whether YouTube provides a user account through which you are logged in or whether no user account exists. If you are logged in to Google, your data will be directly assigned to your account. If you do not want the assignment with your profile at YouTube, you must log out before activating the button. YouTube stores your data as usage profiles and uses them for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or demand-oriented design of its website. Such an evaluation is carried out in particular (even for users who are not logged in) to provide needs-based advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact YouTube to exercise this right.